Waikato-Tainui Health & Safety Advisor
- Be part of an organisation that has an enviable and important story to tell; a purpose that will impact and support generations to come
- Build a sustainable Health & Safety framework by developing and implementing systems and processes to ensure compliance
- Use your influencing skills to enable a Health and Safety based culture
Te Whakakitenga o Waikato Inc represents the collective assets of the iwi, Waikato-Tainui. Representing statutory rights and interests, the incorporated society ensures the benefit of the crown settlement continues to grow for future generations. This is achieved through a range of initiatives with the aim to grow a prosperous, healthy, vibrant, innovative and culturally strong iwi. Waikato-Tainui consists of more than 70,000 tribal members, with 136 elected members making up the tribal parliament.
This is a new role where you will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of the Health and Safety systems and processes across an organisation which has a diverse portfolio of assets. It is a great opportunity to be involved in setting the ground work while bringing a continuous improvement focus.
This role has accountability for:
- Leading the overall direction of the Health & Safety programme, ensuring Waikato-Tainui is compliant with all relevant Health & Safety legislation
- The provision of advice to all teams across the business to promote compliance
- Identifying trends and improvement opportunities through analysis of incident metrics and audit activities, including routine and non routine reporting
- Supporting the development of an asset management system to ensure the best utilisation of assets owned and operated by the tribe
- Supporting the development and implementation of a staff hauora strategy
You will be an individual who has the drive, initiative and personality to build a Health & Safety culture across the organisation.
As well as having robust technical understanding you will also bring:
- Solid project management skills with an understanding of managing initiatives in an iwi context
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to monitor and report on contract adherence
- A sound knowledge of Waikato-Tainui and a developing proficiency in te reo Maori is preferred but not essential
For more information on Emergent & Co Ltd please visit www.emergent.co.nz
CVs should be in MS-Word format where possible.
Please note: It is a requirement that you must already hold a NZ Passport or valid working visa to apply for this role.
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY AT https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39917820?searchrequesttoken=36876728-4668-4fa1-9bd7-924bbc53535c&type=standout