Waikato-Tainui and Hutchies are working together to support the career development of Waikato-Tainui tribal members in the engineering industry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a highly experienced organisation and get on-the-job experience in a busy environment that specializes in milking and water systems. Based in Morrinsville, you will gain invaluable experience in all aspects of our dairy system operations.
As a Dairy Systems Apprentice, you will work alongside knowledgeable industry professionals with years of experience in fabrication, welding, installation, and repairs and maintenance. Your on-site work will also be complimented by a structured programme of learning supported by Competenz to help you successfully complete an NZQA New Zealand Apprenticeship in Dairy Systems (Level 4).
To be successful in the role, you will need to:
- Be mechanically minded and work independently;
- Be motivated to work and do what it takes to succeed;
- Be physically fit and hard-working;
- Have a good level of literacy;
- Understand health and safety practices and protocols;
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy;
- Follow instructions and be willing to learn new things;
- Demonstrate strong initiative and good problem-solving skills;
- Hold a current Restricted NZ driver's license and have reliable transportation;
- Have a good cultural understanding of Waikato-Tainui practices and protocols.
If you would like to earn while you learn and have a genuine interest in learning more about mechanical engineering from the ground up, then we want to hear from you.
Apply online at www.waikatotainuicareers.com by sending a cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the position accompanied with your CV.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 24th March 2019.
For further enquiries about this role or to request a job description, please contact Papakura Kaa on 027 606 3677 or email email@example.com