Rights and Interest - Policy Advisor
Do you care about the Social Change, Environmental & Economic Footprint of Waikato-Tainui?
Do you have an analytical mind and the ability to adapt and respond quickly?
Do you have a social science, management or environmental background and looking for a change in career into meaningful mahi?
Te Arotahi Maatua-Focus of Role
The purpose of this role is to support the Strategy and Relationship Manager to ensure that the rights of Waikato-Tainui are protected and enhanced through strong, active and timely engagement with Ministers, senior officials and key stakeholders on matters of Taiao-Whanake-Hapori importance- (referred to as the Pou of Strategy-Rights and Interest).
This role will identify and contribute to the delivery of objectives that strengthen awareness of our Pou, ensuring the relevant Pou rights and interests for the Iwi are not compromised in any way and that the iwi can be able to benefit from any developments in this space.
Ngaa Tohu Maatauranga-Skills & Qualifications
- A commitment to give effect to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Science, Management Studies, Environmental Policy or similar.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Waikato - Tainui Settlements and Outstanding Claims
- General knowledge and understanding of key social change, environmental resource management legislation and policy processes, including the Resource Management Act (RMA), Local Government Act, Conservation Act and its application.
- Legislation and Government - working knowledge of government processes, familiarity with relevant legislation and regulations, and policy development.
- Policy writing skills with the ability to draft and finalise documents.
- Experience in the operations of national government protocols and functions; and management of issues.
- Directly applicable experience in stakeholder management, relationship engagements including dispute resolution and negotiations.
- Sound knowledge of Waikato-Tainui and proficiency or developing proficiency in te reo Maaori
To apply visit www.waikatotainuicareers.com Applications close Friday 11th January 2019 at 5.00pm
For any further information or questions contact the team via email at email@example.com or via phone on 07 858 0427.