Protection & Claims Advisor
Are you a person who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced work environment?
Do you enjoy engaging with marae, hapuu and Iwi?
Looking for a change in career towards meaningful mahi?
Te Arotahi Maatua - Focus of Role
This role will support the Settlement Protection Manager to effectively implement the strategies that protect the integrity of both the existing and future treaty settlements of Waikato-Tainui. The role will also provide technical and strategic advice for the resolution of the outstanding claims. As part of the Ngaa mana aa Ture Team (Rights and Interests) the role will ensure that the Waikato-Tainui settlement rights are being implemented effectively and not undermined by Crown and Local Government policy changes. This role also includes providing technical advice throughout the treaty settlement process and extensive engagement with marae, hapuu, iwi, Crown agencies, local government and other key stakeholders.
Ngaa Tohu Maatauranga - Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of 2+ years post qualification experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Law, Political Science, Management Studies or similar.
- Strong written skills with the ability to draft and finalise documents
- Comprehensive understanding of the Waikato - Tainui Settlements and Outstanding Claims
- Understanding and knowledge of the Treaty Settlement Process
- Experience of working in a legal environment, particularly in iwi settlement processes, political environmental and development of negotiations strategy
- Legislation and Government - working knowledge of government processes, treaty settlement processes, familiarity with relevant legislation and regulations, and policy development
- Experience in the operations of national government protocols and functions; and management of issues
- Directly applicable experience in stakeholder management, including dispute resolution and negotiations
- A commitment to give effect to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Sound knowledge of Waikato-Tainui and proficiency or developing proficiency in te reo Maaori
To apply visit www.waikatotainuicareers.com Applications close Thursday 31st January 2019 at 5.00pm
For any further information or questions contact the team via email at email@example.com or via phone on 07 858 0427.